16 Mar 2013

*M* Me.Lissa [Indie Guide Project]

Hi Girls & Boys!
I'm so happy to be back with another Indie Brand !
Today I'm presenting you Melissa, from Me.Lissa Polishes !! !! 


Olá meninas & Meninos !!
Estou super feliz por hoje vos trazer mais uma marca Indie !
Hoje Apresento-vos a Melissa, dos vernizes Me.Lissa !!!!

* * *
For those who don't know what I am talking about (Follow me through Facebook to know a lot more!) I am making an Indie Guide A-Z! This will be a huge project and a enormous pleasure to do! So .. what am I going to do? Everyday, I'm going to show you a different brand of Indie Nail Polishes (and some of their major stockists too!! )




Your Name: Melissa 
Brand Name: Me.Lissa
Where are you from? Sunny Southern California

When have you started? I started with some frankening about a year and a half ago.  I started adding glitter and playing around with different color combinations, and then moved on to making my own polishes about a year ago.  

Is there  a story behind the name of your brand?  There are really two inspirations for the name.  I was lacking a creative outlet and wanted to do something that was really "me".  Something to represent what I like.  Secondly, the first time I traveled outside the US, I went with my family to Spain.  Everyone there would pronounce my name "Me-Lisa".  I absolutely loved the way it sounded because it was different from what I had always heard.  I combined these to come up with my brand name, Me.Lissa.


How many polishes/collections have you created?  I'm made a ton of polishes for my family and friends in the past year.  For my brand however, I just finished my second collection!  I have made Valentine's and St. Patrick's Day collections, and am in the middle of a Spring themed collection.  I also have about 3 other collections in my head right now, so hopefully those will be out soon!

Is there a special polish/collection? Why?  I think Blue Over You will always have a special place in my heart.  Blue polish is my weakness, and it was the first polish I came up with for the Valentine's collection.  I love all the polishes I've made, but every time I see Blue Over You I still squeal inside.

Where you a polish addicted before starting making polishes?  Yes!  I love planning out my manicures and polish combinations.  I'm constantly looking at my nails and thinking about what I want to try next.  My husband said I was obsessed before, and now that I'm making my own polishes he knows there's no way to overcome this addiction.

Did you have a blog before making polishes or have you started one after?  I did have one for a time, but honestly I became too overwhelmed with other things to keep it up.  I made one for my brand after I decided to create my first collection.  I haven't had much  free time to work on it, but that's one of my goals to do in the next few weeks.

Whats your favorite thing about making polishes?  How happy it makes me.  When I'm mixing together colors and planning out different combinations, I'm in my own little world.  It's so much fun!

Can you tell us a curious thing that has happened to you with some client or something funny?  The first time ever I made a glitter polish I was busy mixing away.  When I got done I looked in the mirror and realized I had glitter everywhere!  It was in my hair, on my face, on my clothes, literally everywhere it could be.  Even the next day I kept finding glitter on me.  That stuff just sticks to anything!

Is there anything you'd Like to share:  I would like to thank you and everyone who has made this possible.  I really appreciate the opportunity to share my collection.  I have so much fun making polishes, and sharing my creations with everyone is such an amazing feeling.  

Contacts
Paddy's Pub

This is a polish very suited for St.Patrick's day. Anyway, I'm making a special nail art for the occasion this Sunday(don't miss it!). Paddy's Pub is a glitter top coat on shades of green and  white multi-shaped glitters. I layered it over Purple Professional  nr 16. Dried in about 4mins. 
Eis um verniz muito apropriado para o dia de St. Patrick! Tenho uma nail art especial para o dia, no Domingo, não deixem de passar por cá para ver. Então, o Paddy's Pub é um top coat glitter composto por glitters de várias formas em tons de verde e branco. Apliquei-o sobre o Purple Professional nr 16. Secou em cerca de 4mins.





Dew Drop By


This polish surprised me.. I had it in my desk for a while and I could not figure out what I was going to do with it. I applied two coats of Dew Drop By over Purple Professional blue nr13. The formula is a glitter bomb! It did reminded me of Glitzology polishes. I really loved it! And it ended up drying quite fast. Around 5mins. 
Este verniz surpreedeu-me muito, pela positiva. Já o tinha na secretária há algum tempo e não sabia como o haveria de usar. Acabei por aplicar duas camadas do Dew Drop By sobre 2 camadas do azul nr13 da Purple Professional. A sua formula repleta de glitter lembrou-me os Glitzology, pois também é uma bomba de glitter em tons de azul e umas pequenas nuances de glitter rosa. Adorável. Uma facil aplicação e um tempo de secagem de cerca de 5mins deixaram-me satisfeita! 











* * * 
Personal Notes from Betty:
Thank you so much Melissa, for taking part of this project and for all your support! 
Once again I  show my total support for Indie Makers and my full respect for their work. I will not translate the interviews because words and meanings get lost in translation. I hope you understand. Please pm me or comment bellow if you have any doubts.  If you are an Indie Maker and wont to participate in the project, please contact me through Facebook or email (blog.bettynails@gmail.com). You are still in time! 
Don't Forget to come tomorrow ! 


* * *
I hope you loved today's Post!
What was your favorite part? Let me know all in the comment section bellow! 
 Please do comment, follow and share if  you liked, your feedback is very important to me and to all the girls that invested in this project!
Kisses & See you tomorrow !





*This is a post for the Guide A-Z :Indie Brands*
You can find all the info in the Guide A-Z Indie Brands Page,on the top of the Blog, or check  the Indie Guide Tag
*pictures taken from Me.Lissa  Facebook Page with Melissa's Permission*


No comments:

Post a Comment