17 Dec 2012

*F* FeverLacquer [Indie Guide Project]

Hi Girls!
I'm so happy to be back with another Indie Brand !
Today I'm presenting you Casandra, from FeverLacquer Polishes (Wishful Bath & Beauty) !!!! 


Olá meninas!!
Estou super feliz por hoje vos trazer mais uma marca Indie !
Hoje Apresento-vos a Casandra, maker dos FeverLacquer (Wishful Bath & Beauty)  !!!!

* * *
For those who don't know what I am talking about (Follow me through Facebook to know a lot more!) I am making an Indie Guide A-Z! 
This will be a huge project and a enormous pleasure to do! So .. what am I going to do? Everyday, I'm going to show you a different brand of Indie Nail Polishes (and some of their major stockists too!! )
Para quem não sabe do que eu estou a falar ( basta seguirem-me também no Facebook para saberem as novidades em primeira mão ) estou a fazer um Guia de Vernizes Indie. Este é um projecto enorme e muito trabalhoso que tenho imenso prazer de partilhar convosco! Então, o que é que vou fazer? Todos os dias, vou-vos mostrar uma marca diferente de vernizes indies com entrevistas com as meninas ( e meninos) que os fazem! Além disso, tambem vos vou trazer entrevistas com as maiores lojas onde eles se vendem!
* * *




Your Name: Casandra W 
Brand Name: FEVERlacquer (wishful bath & beauty) 
Where are you from? Pennsylvania USA 


When have you started? I started the testing phases in September 2010 and started selling January 2011 

Is there about a story behind the name of your brand? I actually had a very hard time coming up with a name so in one of my groups on Facebook for nail polish lovers, I held a little contest of whoever got the most 'likes' on the name they thought would fit my brand, would get a free bottle of my first release which was a limited quantity sale. I only made 20 bottles of it, I Lie For Only You, it was called. Ashley from Ashley Is Polish Addicted (ashleyispolishaddicted.com), a fellow blogger, came up with FEVER and I just added lacquer to the end... starting my brand off with FEVERlacquer. I eventually added bath products like lotions and bath fizzy bombs as well as cosmetics like eye shadows liners and primers to my shop which lead to my main shop name Wishful Bath & Beauty but still keeping the polish brand name FEVERlacquer to not confuse anyone who had enjoyed my polish previous to me putting out the other cosmetics and bath products. 


How many polishes/collections have you created? I just started with collections this fall/winter 2012, previous to these 5 I have put out about 15 other shades. I had to take a hiatus from creating and selling when I got pregnant with my daughter, Violet, since the smells even with a mask and great ventilation in my work space made me feel ill. I am so glad to be back to creating and have some new lovelies in the works, about 4 new ones, that should be done testing and available in a few weeks. 


Is there a special polish/collection? Why? My most favorite is It Hurts To Be This Good, it was the 2nd shade I came out with and it is very unique with a white jelly base and superfine flakey bits that were metallic copper and charcoal black. They made it look like an antique style or a marbled granite look almost. That one I still kept a bottle of for myself and is nearly gone since I wear it so much. It's also my best seller and sells out immediately, no matter the quantities I have put out. 

The Cutest wrapping
Where you a polish addicted before starting making polishes? Oh yes! My close friend, Traci (from TheTraceFacePhiles.Com) actually started to get into nail polish a few years ago pretty heavily and she gave me a few shades to start a collection (I only had 3 bottles until then!) since I had nice naturally long healthy nails. After that handful of polish added to my small stash of only 3 bottles I now have nearly a thousand, which now being in the nail polish communities online is nothing compared to others.

The Packaging is so funny
that catty had to check it out!
Did you have a blog before making polishes or have you started one after? Yes I started The Mani-Logues (themanilogues.blogspot.com) when I was a few months pregnant with my daughter to basically show off and educate others on baby/pregnancy safe nail polish and related products as well as cosmetics. Which is also why I started my own line of polish, to make something big toxin free and safe to wear. 

Whats your favorite thing about making polishes? I love the creative process, the designing and planning for what to make next. Always wanting to make something I would wear myself, but something different than what is out there already. 

Cassandra Also Has some gorgeous
eyeshadows on her store!
Can you tell us a curious thing that has happened to you with some client or something funny? I love to make customs once and a while for customers and friends and I actually had done a couple different shades of a design they thought up, they ended up loving each different way I made it and asked for multiple bottles of each to give out as gifts and to keep one of each for themselves. I usually have someone want something completely different each time we try to work out what they imagined or they love it right away, so that was pretty fun that they loved every single design try that I had created. What is even more fun about it, it was a male who actually was doing this for his wife and daughter as a gift :) 

Is there anything you'd Like to share: This is a big way to have a "side job" and help support my child, I'm newly a single mother and this helps pay for food and diapers or anything extra for my little one. All of my profits go toward her.


Contacts
Website: themanilogues.blogspot.com
Facebook: facebook.com/themanilogues & facebook.com/wishfulbathbeauty
Blog: themanilogues.blogspot.com
Store: wishfulbb.storenvy.com
Stockists: none
Other Midia: FEVERlacquer@hotmail.com




^^ Onto some Swatches ^^ 

Come to me 
This is a very delicate blue greenish polish with a duochrome pearly finish. Is looks sheer but  I only applied 3 thin coats to full opacity and this outcome. I never though I was going to like this much this polish. The brush is soft, the formula is not too thick of too thin, easy application and fast drying time. 

Este verniz é um delicado duochrome verde azulado com acabamento perolado. À primeira vista parece que será um verniz um pouco aguado mas não é. Para este resultado apliquei apenas 3 finas camadas. O pincel é macio e o acabamento suave. A fórmula agradou-me  tal como o tempo de secagem. 




I Blame the Fireworks  
OMG! Girls this polish is crazy gorgeous! Seriously!? This is rainbow in a bottle! It is a glitter top coat with holographic bar and an amazing concentration.
I layered two coats of I blame the fireworks over  Kinetics Grey, no Pink and, in my middle finger two coats alone so that you could see how it looks. This huge amount of photos will (I hope) let you see the colors this makes. 


Eu AMEI este verniz! É o arco-íris num frasquinho!!! Este menino é um top coat glitter repleto de glitter em barra com efeito holográfico. Apliquei duas camadas do I Blame the Fireworks por cima do Kinetics Grey, no Pink (Lets Pink Collection) e no dedo feio apliquei duas camadas deste menino para verem como fica sem nenhuma cor base.
Este exagero de fotos que tirei, espero que vos permita ver o efeito real do verniz.




*Insane Bottle Shots*


Spiced Chai


 This is a very unusual nail polish.. its not a common shade..its peculiar.. I took a while to figure out if I liked it or not.. eventually it reminded of cinnamon Christmas sweets and I decided that I liked it! I might have helped that I was wearing brown clothing that that! LOL 

This one is quite nice to shoot! I liked that! Always looks nice!
(*it also reminds me of chocolate..hmmm*yammi*).

Okey.. onto the polish..


This brown(cinnamon/chocolate) base colored polish has a medium concentration of holographic hexagonal glitter that gives it an extra exotic look. Application was quite easy, the glitter are evenly spread on the formula and no issues with bums, brush or drying time. 



Este verniz é um tanto ou quanto fora do nomal.. a cor não é comum e nem a combinação da cor com os glitter.. demorei algum tempo a tentar perceber se gostei dele ou não. Entretanto lembrou-me doces de natal com canela e decidi gostar dele! Também ajudou te-lo combinado com uma roupa castanha!

Este menino tem uma boa coisa..é amigo da máquina! É faci de fotografar e fica quase sempre bem na foto (ah.. também me lembrou chocolates!! *yhamii*)!

Agora.. quanto ao verniz, é composto por uma base castanha (canela/chocolate) e por uma média concentração de glitters holográficos hexagonais que lhe conferem um aspecto ainda mais exótico! A aplicação foi fácil, os glitters estão bem dispersos e não precisei andar à pesca. Tanto o pincel como o tempo de secagem e o acabamento macio me agradaram bastante!





Personal Notes from Betty:
Fist of all thank you so much Casandra! You are an amazing girl and I was the one honored to share your brand and review your babies!Thank you for supporting this project since you knew about it!  2nd.. for those girls wondering about that picture with catty and the polishes wrapped and a diaper.. I'll let you know! Casandra found the funniest way to protect the polishes! She wraps them in old diapers that her kids don't fit in anymore and like that if there is a break the diaper with absorb it all! Genius!!  (how on earth will a bottle break inside a diaper?!)LLOL! OMg the funniest thing! The polishes smelled like baby when I opened the package! SO cute!

Once again I  show my total support for Indie Makers and my full respect for their work.
I will not translate the interviews because words and meanings get lost in translation. I hope you understand. Please pm me or comment bellow if you have any doubts. 
If you are an Indie Maker and wont to participate in the project, please contact me through Facebook or email (blog.bettynails@gmail.com). You are still in time! 
Don't Forget to come tomorrow ! 

Notas da Betty:
xEm primeiro lugar um obrigado muito especial à Casandra que é uma menina maravilhosa e que me apoiou desde o primeiro momento! Foi uma honra poder partilhar a tua entrevista e testar os teus pequenos! Em segundo lugar quero partilhar com voces o empacotamento da Cassandra! Se virem a foto em que a Catty está a cheirar os vernizes vão reparar que está uma fralda ao lado dos vernizes! Bem.. a Casandra descobriu um método revolucionário de proteger os vernizes e de evitar danos se um deles se partir! Embala-los em fraldas que já não servem aos bebés dela! Os vernizes ficam bem protegidos e se houver uma azar a fralda absorve tudo! Genial !! (Como é que um verniz se parte dentro de uma fralda?! Impossível!I)! Embalagem super original! E vinha a cheirar a bebé! xD Foférrimo!

O blog ( e eu claro! ) apoia totalmente as marcas Indies e agradece o apoio de  todas as meninas ( e meninos) que me ajudaram e estão a apoiar o meu projecto! Tenho imenso respeito por elas e pelo seu trabalho tão bonito.
Não vou traduzir as entrevistas que estão em Inglês.. acho que as palavras e os significados se perdem nas traduções. Espero que compreendam. Qualquer dúvida podem mandar-me uma msg privada ou deixar aqui em baixo nos comentários.
*Se fazes vernizes e queres participar no projecto não deixes de me contactar! Basta enviar uma msg no Facebook do blog ou pelo email (Blog.bettynails@gmail.com). Ainda vais a tempo!
Não se esqueçam de fazer like e seguir a Página do Facebook do blog porque lá vão vendo todas as novidades! 
* * *
I hope you loved today's Post!
What was your favorite part? Let me know all in the comment section bellow! 
 Please do comment, follow and share if  you liked, your feedback is very important to me and to all the girls that invested in this project!
Kisses & See you tomorrow !

Espero que tenham amado! o post de hoje!
Qual foi a vossa parte preferida?
Contem-me tudo nos comentários abaixo! Se gostaram por favor comentem, sigam e partilhem! 
O vosso feedback é muito muito importante, não só para mim como para todas as  pessoas que  se envolveram no projecto.
Beijocas e Até amanha!! 




*This is a post for the Guide A-Z :Indie Brands*
You can find all the info in the Guide A-Z Indie Brands Page,on the top of the Blog, or check  the Indie Guide Tag

No comments:

Post a Comment