19 Dec 2012

*C* Cameo Colours Lacquers [Indie Guide Project]

Hi Girls!
I'm so happy to be back with another Indie Brand !
Today I'm presenting you Cameo, from Cameo Colors!! !! 


Olá meninas!!
Estou super feliz por hoje vos trazer mais uma marca Indie !
Hoje Apresento-vos a Cameo, maker dos Cameo Colors !!!!

* * *
For those who don't know what I am talking about (Follow me through Facebook to know a lot more!) I am making an Indie Guide A-Z! 
This will be a huge project and a enormous pleasure to do! So .. what am I going to do? Everyday, I'm going to show you a different brand of Indie Nail Polishes (and some of their major stockists too!! )
Para quem não sabe do que eu estou a falar ( basta seguirem-me também no Facebook para saberem as novidades em primeira mão ) estou a fazer um Guia de Vernizes Indie.
Este é um projecto enorme e muito trabalhoso que tenho imenso prazer de partilhar convosco!
Então, o que é que vou fazer? Todos os dias, vou-vos mostrar uma marca diferente de vernizes indies com entrevistas com as meninas ( e meninos) que os fazem! Além disso, tambem vos vou trazer entrevistas com as maiores lojas onde eles se vendem!
* * *




Your Name: My name is Cameo!
Brand Name: Cameo Colours Lacquers
Where are you from? I hail from Oklahoma, USA.

When have you started? I released my first polish, Click Three Times on June 13, 2012.

Is there about a story behind the name of your brand? Not particularly, my name is Cameo, and these are my colours...So Cameo Colours Lacquers! :)

How many polishes/collections have you created? At the time of this writing, I have released 50 different nail colors.  Some are part of collections, others are not.

Is there a special polish/collection? Why?  My Labyrinth collection is probably my favorite collection, because it's inspired by my favorite movie.  A special stand-alone polish is Unicorn Farts, commissioned by my best friend of 21 years. 

Were you a polish addict before starting making polishes?  Yes, I was a polish addict before I started making polish.  I couldn't find the perfect ruby slippers shade, so I spent months researching and ordering small items here and there to create my own.

Did you have a blog before making polishes or have you started one after?  No, I did not have a blog before making polish.  I've started one, but I really haven't gotten around to more than the opening post, haha.  The business keeps me busy, plus my normal day-to-day activities!

Whats your favorite thing about making polishes?  The outlet for all my creative energy! I'm a very creative and artistic person, but sometimes lack inspiration.  I haven't had any trouble finding my inspiration for making polish!

Can you tell us a curious thing that has happened to you with some client or something funny?Can't think of any curious happenings with a client.  I get a LOT of funny looks (plus comments and questions) when I tell people that I make nail polish.  "You MAKE nail polish? I didn't know you could just make that!"  I reply with "Well, someone has to make it, don't they?" :-D

Contacts


* * *


^^Onto Lots of Swatches^^


Stroke of Midnight
This is gorgeous glitter top coat polish! Its composed of fuchsia,  blue and pink small round shinny glitters and also  holographic bar glitter. The formula has a good density as there is no need to 'fish' for glitter. With one or two layers we can get that shinny gorgeous outcome! 

I've been dying to use it again! Dries fast and the glitters don't curl. Also the finish is flat, no bumps! Me likes likes likes!

I also tried some stripped nail art with this: what do you think? I loved it!! Gotta do it again! 

Eis um lindissimo top coat glitter ! Composto por pequenos glitters brilhantes e redondos em tons de fuchsia  azul e rosa e também glitter em barra de acabamento holográfico.
 A densidade dos glliters na fórmula é bastante boa, não há necessidade de andar a 'pescar' glitters. Este acabamento brilhante é conseguido com duas camadas por cima de uma cor base ( fotos: Purple Professional nr.36 ). 
Adorei este menino, vou ter de o usar de novo(eventualmente). Seca relativamente rápido e o glitter não encurva. 






The Bog Eternal




This was such a pleasant surprise! I am not the biggest fan of thus kind of greens, I must confess.. But yet again this is not a conventional musk green! The green well pigmented formula is filled with gold shimmer (and some orange shimmer too) and several shades of gold, green, pink and black small round glitters. 


Story: I was on a swatching afternoon and as I ended painting my swatch hand I started taking pictures.. Then my bf decided he needed to go shopping for some boyish-pc-stuff super quick! Guess what, I ended up leaving the house with only one painted hand! Well.. Gave me a lot more time to fall in love with this green! 

Fact: Dries fast! Smooth brush! Great pigmentation(2 coats). 




Este verniz foi uma agradável surpresa! Eu não sou a maior fã do mundo de vernizes verde musgo.. Vá .. Tinha que confessar isto MASSSS primeiro que tudo este não é um verdinho convencional.. A fórmula da cor verde base é bastante bem pigmentada e repleta de shimmer dourado (e algum discreto shimmer laranja também) e de vários glitters redondos pequenos e médios de vários tons de dourado, verde, rosa e preto. 

História engraçada: estava eu numa tarde de swatches,  tinha acabado de pintar as unhas da mão dos swatches com este menino, estava a meio da minha sessão de fotos quando o namorado liga a perguntar se eu não ia com ele muito rápido buscar *inserir uma coisa qualquer de menino para por dentro do pc* !
 Então não é que saí de casa com uma mão nua e outra pintada de verde natalino? Lololol que vergonha!! Aposto que ninguém viu mas para mim estava tudo a olhar para as minhas mãos! Que coisa! Enfim.. Acabei por ter mais tempo para me apaixonar por este lindo verdinho que ao sol fica super bonitão! 

Factos: aplica-se bem, duas camadas para opacidade total, acabamento macio, bom pincel e seca rápido!! 

.
November Rayne



Okey, I must admit, I do love Guns n Roses!! And November Rain is one of my fav songs !

I had to like this one... And I did! C'mon.. Don't you?

 This is a blue based gelly polish filled only with holographic bars! Its absolutely stunning! Applies great! 

I used two coats over Purple Professional nr. 18. No bumps, smooth brush, fast drying time and no need to fish for bars! Cool! I love you Cameo!!


Pronto.. Vá.. Mais uma confissão: adoro os Guns n Roses e a November Rain é uma das musicas deles de que mais gosto. Eu e este menino tinhamos tudo para sermos felizes... E fomos!! Quem é que não ia ser feliz com ele? 

Tem uma base gelly azul e é repleto de glitter em barra de acabamento holográfico! É deslumbrante! Apliquei duas camadas sobre o preto nr18 da Purple Professional. Resultado e acabamento lisos, rapida secagem e os glitters estão bem distribuidos na fórmula. 







Unicorn Farts

For craps sake! Another amazing polish! I swatched this one last, i was so damn curious to use it! I tested it over Purple Professional new baby purple nr.49.

Por amor ds santinha! Mais um lindissimo verniz desta menina ( talentosa!!!) ! Este foi o último verniz que testei desta colecção.. Achei justo deixa-lo para o fim. 
Apliquei-o sobre 2 camadas do Purple Professional nr 49 ( da ultima colecção). 
As camadas do Unicorn Farts foram aplicadas, nas varias unhas, de acordo com o mencionado abaixo: 

Pinky finger - 3 coats of UF (Unicorn Farts)
 Ring Finger - 1 coat of UF 
Middle finger + pointing finger - 2 coats of UF 

A formula é composta por uma base holográfica repleta de glitters multicoloridos em varios tamanhos e formatos redondos e hexagonais.

The formula is composed with a Holographic base filled with multicolored square, round and hexagonal glitters of several sizes. 
Facts: nice brush, super pigmented, easy to dry, no bumps or curling issues. Dries fast. 






*Christmas Colors*

Tangled Lights

This color is very similar to unicorn farts but doesn't have a holographic base. Other than that has a similar effect. Its super chrismasy when layered over green or red! 
Este verniz é muito semelhante ao Unicorn Farts sendo que a diferença fundamental é a ausencia de base holográfica. O efeito natalicio é bastante evidente quando aplicado sobre verde.


I Only Want a Candy Cane This Year

A piece of a kind! Gorgeous white base color filled with red bar glitter and red shimmer! Lasted forever! I wore it for 3 days and had to take it off for the sake of swatching! I applied it alone, with no base color. 3 coats for full opacity and a gorgeous outcome. No bumps from the bars and they are evenly distributed though the formula.

Um verniz único, lindissimo. Consiste numa base branca bastante pigmentada repleta de glitter em barra vermelho e glitter no mesmo tom. Durou imenso! Removi-o (sem grande dificuldade) ao fim de 3 dias e intacto. Apliquei-o sem qualquer cor base. Cobriu a unha em 3 camadas bastante finas. A aplicação é facil pois os glitters estão bem distribuidos!



Elf Yourself


This polish is so funny! Also wore it for two days ( the line has to move, the endless waiting list)! 
This is a white base color, very well pigmented and like 'candy cane'.
 It is filled with red and green shimmer and hexagonal glitters in several sizes and also in green and red! Its so elfysh! Applies nicely, the glitters don't curl and dries fast. 

Este verniz é tão divertido ( perdoem-me mas é 'fixe' mesmo!!) ! Mais um menino duradouro. Estive com ele dois dias e retirei-o intacto! ( a fila interminavel tem que andar não é?). Tem uma base branca bem pigmentada e é repleto de glitter e shimmer em tons natalicios, vermelho e verde. Os glitters são vários tamanhos de hexagonos. Aplica-se muito facilmente e não há necessidade de pescar. Seca rapido e o acabamento é liso. Nenhum dos glitters encurvou.



 



* * *

Personal Notes from Betty:
Thanks Cameo!! You are way too sweet! I loved getting to know this girl! Please do check her work!  Thank you so much for taking part in this project!
Once again I  show my total support for Indie Makers and my full respect for their work.
I will not translate the interviews because words and meanings get lost in translation. I hope you understand. Please pm me or comment bellow if you have any doubts. 
If you are an Indie Maker and wont to participate in the project, please contact me through Facebook or email (blog.bettynails@gmail.com). You are still in time! 
Don't Forget to come tomorrow ! 

Notas da Betty:
Um muito obrigado à Cameo! Esta talentosa menina é super simpatica e amorosa! Adorei conhece-la! Se ainda não conhecem o trabalho dela vão cuscar!! Um muito muito obrigado à Cameo por ter feito parte deste projecto!
O blog ( e eu claro! ) apoia totalmente as marcas Indies e agradece o apoio de  todas as meninas ( e meninos) que me ajudaram e estão a apoiar o meu projecto! Tenho imenso respeito por elas e pelo seu trabalho tão bonito.
Não vou traduzir as entrevistas que estão em Inglês.. acho que as palavras e os significados se perdem nas traduções. Espero que compreendam. Qualquer dúvida podem mandar-me uma msg privada ou deixar aqui em baixo nos comentários.
*Se fazes vernizes e queres participar no projecto não deixes de me contactar! Basta enviar uma msg no Facebook do blog ou pelo email (Blog.bettynails@gmail.com). Ainda vais a tempo!
Não se esqueçam de fazer like e seguir a Página do Facebook do blog porque lá vão vendo todas as novidades! 


* * *
I hope you loved today's Post!
What was your favorite part? Let me know all in the comment section bellow! 
 Please do comment, follow and share if  you liked, your feedback is very important to me and to all the girls that invested in this project!
Kisses & See you tomorrow !

Espero que tenham amado! o post de hoje!
Qual foi a vossa parte preferida?
Contem-me tudo nos comentários abaixo! Se gostaram por favor comentem, sigam e partilhem! 
O vosso feedback é muito muito importante, não só para mim como para todas as  pessoas que  se envolveram no projecto.
Beijocas e Até amanha!! 




*This is a post for the Guide A-Z :Indie Brands*
You can find all the info in the Guide A-Z Indie Brands Page,on the top of the Blog, or check  the Indie Guide Tag
*pictures taken from  Cameo  Facebook Page with Cameo's Permission*
*Polishes sent for honest review*

No comments:

Post a Comment