6 Mar 2013

*S* Slick Lacquer [Indie Guide Project]

Hi Girls & Boys!
I'm so happy to be back with another Indie Brand !
Today I'm presenting you Suzzie, the maker of Slick Lacquers !! !! 

Olá meninas & Meninos !!
Estou super feliz por hoje vos trazer mais uma marca Indie !
Hoje Apresento-vos a Suzzie, a adorável criadora dos Slick Lacquers  !!!!



* * *
For those who don't know what I am talking about (Follow me through Facebook to know a lot more!) I am making an Indie Guide A-Z! This will be a huge project and a enormous pleasure to do! So .. what am I going to do? Everyday, I'm going to show you a different brand of Indie Nail Polishes (and some of their major stockists too!! )
* * *









Your Name: Suzzie

Brand Name: Slick Lacquer

Where are you from? Maryland, USA

When did you start? I introduced my first nail polish to the community a short time before I launched my Facebook page on September 19, 2012.




Is there a story behind the name of your brand? I used the name Slick Lacquer as kind of a play on words. This stands for the slick, glassy appearance of a well-done manicure as well as how "slick" (or cool, fabulous, trendy, etc.) you will look wearing my line! ; )
How many polishes/collections have you created? I have not released an official collection so far. I have just been freely creating and releasing polishes as I complete them. I currently have 8 polishes in my shop. My first official spring collection will be released in a couple of weeks, so be on the look out for that! I am also working on some other nail related products that will be sold in my shop in the future. This is only the beginning of what I hope to offer with Slick Lacquer!

Is there a special polish/collection? Why? I would have to say that the polish that is most special to me is "Head in the Clouds". This one was inspired by my son. The colors of the base and the sparkles/star-shaped glitters really portray the creative daydreamer mind of my little 5-year old boy. He is really into space, planets, robots, etc. It is so fun to watch him change and grow. Seeing him reminds me that life is full of possibilities. Our futures all lie ahead of us, and we should always remember to retain that child-like wonder.
From the business end, "A Wink and a Nod" has also become a special polish in my shop. It is a fan favorite and my best seller. It has really been great seeing the awesome response from my customers who love this particular shade. I really appreciate all of the compliments and support I get on that one!


Were you a polish addict before you starting making polishes? Absolutely! I am not ashamed to admit that I am a polish fanatic! I have a very large and very well-loved collection of nail polish. I have been into nails for as long as I can remember. I am also really into nail art-the more creative, the better!

Did you have a blog before making polishes or have you started one after? I do not, and have not, had a blog. I have considered it now and again but, as of now, I haven't taken that leap.



What's your favorite thing about making polishes? Like most Indies, it's all about the creativity. It's a process from start to finish--coming up with the look of the polish, naming it, giving it it's own personality! I get creative with every aspect of my line, even down to the packaging. I design and create my labels from scratch, beginning to end, and I make each one different based on the inspiration or personality of the individual polish. Some of the custom, hand-made stickers I use are even made with nail polish! For example: the sparkly, smoochy lips on the labels for "A Wink and a Nod" are created using a base of Kleancolor Metallic Red, and are topped with Ruby Pumps from China Glaze! I try to have a lot of fun with it and make each one special. And of course seeing people get excitement and pleasure out of something you created is amazing--I love seeing people happy with my polishes and having fun with them!

Can you tell us a curious thing that has happened to you with some client or something funny? I'm still new to the business and haven't had the pleasure of too much client interaction so far, but I hope to create many memories and cross paths with numerous unique folks down the road. Hopefully, I will have a story to share in the future!



Contacts


* * * 
Personal Notes from Betty:
Thank you so much Suzzie for being a part of this project and for being so supportive! I wish you the best! 
Once again I  show my total support for Indie Makers and my full respect for their work. I will not translate the interviews because words and meanings get lost in translation. I hope you understand. Please pm me or comment bellow if you have any doubts. 
If you are an Indie Maker and wont to participate in the project, please contact me through Facebook or email (blog.bettynails@gmail.com). You are still in time! 
Don't Forget to come tomorrow ! 


* * *
I hope you loved today's Post!
What was your favorite part? Let me know all in the comment section bellow! 
 Please do comment, follow and share if  you liked, your feedback is very important to me and to all the girls that invested in this project!
Kisses & See you tomorrow !





*This is a post for the Guide A-Z :Indie Brands*
You can find all the info in the Guide A-Z Indie Brands Page,on the top of the Blog, or check  the Indie Guide Tag
*pictures taken from Slick Lacquer  Facebook Page with Suzzie's Permission*


Comentários
2 Comentários

2 comments:

  1. male enhancement not merely raises the proportion
    textual matter is entirely informational.


    My homepage penis advantage review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pregnancy Miracle - Cure Infertility NaturallyInfertility treatment Both men and women varies when it comes to dieting, which is used to kill bacteria, increases the number of free radicals in
    the body. To take a Bentonite clay cleanse, follow this procedure: fill the tub to the depth you desire.

    Because, though our bodies usually have inbuilt methods of cleansing, an
    unhealthy diet for a long time to work.

    Stop by my blog ... web site

    ReplyDelete