14 Mar 2013

*G* Glitter Guilty [Indie Guide Project]

Hi Girls & Boys!
I'm so happy to be back with another Indie Brand !
Today I'm presenting you Jessica, the maker of Glitter Guilty !


Olá meninas & Meninos !!
Estou super feliz por hoje vos trazer mais uma marca Indie !
Hoje Apresento-vos a criadora dos Glitter Guilty, a Jessica !

* * *
For those who don't know what I am talking about (Follow me through Facebook to know a lot more!) I am making an Indie Guide A-Z! This will be a huge project and a enormous pleasure to do! So .. what am I going to do? Everyday, I'm going to show you a different brand of Indie Nail Polishes (and some of their major stockists too!! )
* * *



Your Name: Jessica Bezzant

Brand Name: Glitter Guilty

Where are you from? Utah, USA
When have you started? January 2013

Is there a story behind the name of your brand? I love love crime and detective novels and movies, which inspired Glitter "guilty", as well as the logo. To most people, it probably just looks like a polish brush painting the word guilty. But to me, it looks a little more criminal. :)

How many polishes/collections have you created? I have over 30 in my shop now, but I've created more than 150 bottles.

Is there a special polish/collection? I created a "Short Skirt, Long Jacket" collection based on the song by Cake. Why? I've always loved the song, and the woman he describes. She sounds like a strong, powerful, beautiful woman who knows what she wants. I want to be that woman. Except for the getting up early part. :)

I also like to create polishes based on my love for crime/detective books and movies. Bonnie and Clyde, Discombobulate, Double Agent, and Espionage are part of that crime collection. I'm working on adding more.

Where you a polish addicted before starting making polishes? Yes, but only on my toes. When I was younger, I used to play the harp, so I needed to always keep my nails super short and didn't ever paint them. Once I stopped playing, I started painting them again. And now that I have two young children, and another business to run, a quick mani is a perfect "time out" just for me. It helps me feel pretty and put together, and the flash of color is a perfect energy boost!

Did you have a blog before making polishes or have you started one after? No, but I have one that I am starting along with my new website: www.glitterguilty.com

Whats your favorite thing about making polishes? The color of it all. I've always loved color. I'm a maternity clothing designer as my "main" job, and I've always loved picking the perfect colors. Nail polish takes it a step further with combining colors, materials and textures. 


Is there anything you'd Like to share: I'm also focusing on a new subscription box- Glitter Guilty Pleasures Box. It includes a "Monthly Me", a full size polish sent based on the subscriber's preferences, and a "Monthly Mini", a mini size polish sent to all subscribers. It will also include a piece or two of artisan chocolate, and in summer months, another one of my guilty pleasures. 


In effort to support women and small businesses, I'm donating a portion of each subscription to Grameen Foundation. 
 Read more here: http://www.glitterguilty.com/how-it-works/

See more about the Glitter Pleasures Box HERE

Contacts
and soon www.glitterguilty.com (should be ready within a week!)

* * * 

Personal Notes from Betty:
Thank you so much Jessica! For your enthusiasm with this project and for all your support and patience! 
Once again I  show my total support for Indie Makers and my full respect for their work.
I will not translate the interviews because words and meanings get lost in translation. I hope you understand. Please pm me or comment bellow if you have any doubts. 
If you are an Indie Maker and wont to participate in the project, please contact me through Facebook or email (blog.bettynails@gmail.com). You are still in time! 
Don't Forget to come tomorrow ! 



* * *
I hope you loved today's Post!
What was your favorite part? Let me know all in the comment section bellow! 
 Please do comment, follow and share if  you liked, your feedback is very important to me and to all the girls that invested in this project!
Kisses & See you tomorrow !



*This is a post for the Guide A-Z :Indie Brands*
You can find all the info in the Guide A-Z Indie Brands Page,on the top of the Blog, or check  the Indie Guide Tag
*pictures taken from Glitter Guilty Pagex with Jessica's Permission*

No comments:

Post a Comment