19 Feb 2013

*E* Elixir Lacquers [Indie Guide Project]

Hi Girls & Boys!
I'm so happy to be back with another Indie Brand !
Today I'm presenting you the adorable Nicole, from Elixir Lacquers  !! !! 


Olá meninas & Meninos !!
Estou super feliz por hoje vos trazer mais uma marca Indie !
Hoje Apresento-vos a adorável Nicole, a criadora dos Elixir Lacquers
 !!!!

* * *
For those who don't know what I am talking about (Follow me through Facebook to know a lot more!) I am making an Indie Guide A-Z! This will be a huge project and a enormous pleasure to do! So .. what am I going to do? Everyday, I'm going to show you a different brand of Indie Nail Polishes (and some of their major stockists too!! )
* * *




Your Name: Nicole
Brand Name: Elixir Lacquers
Where are you from? Atlanta, GA

When have you started? I opened shop on January 16, 2012
Is there about a story behind the name of your brand? I knew I wanted something potion related, so Elixir just fit.  It was the very first name I thought of, and I liked it so much, I didn't even throw around any other options.
How many polishes/collections have you created? I've had five collections so far, one LE polish, and four secret shades, for a total of 36 polishes.




Is there a special polish/collection? Why? I think my Lov-a-Bully collection is pretty special.  A percentage of each sale is donated to the Atlanta Bully Rescue, an organization that works to reduce the number of unwanted pit bull breeds in the greater Atlanta area through fostering and re-homing.

Where you a polish addicted before starting making polishes?  I have been a complete and total addict since I was little.  

Did you have a blog before making polishes or have you started one after? I started a nail art blog, Nail Polish Wars, two months before releasing my line, and I've continued to blog since then.  

Whats your favorite thing about making polishes?  My absolute favorite thing is seeing an idea come to life!

Can you tell us a curious thing that has happened to you with some client or something funny? When I was packaging up one of my first orders, my little boy was in the room with me, and was trying to be helpful by putting some of my polish bottles away.  He actually grabbed one that she had ordered, and I just didn't notice - until I happened to see it in one of the drawers the next day.  I got an email from her asking about the missing bottle.  I was so mortified and explained to her how it happened.  She thought my son cleaning up and moving it was one of the cutest things she'd ever heard.  I was so happy she wasn't angry!




Contacts


* * * 

Swatches

Wynter Wonders

This is a glitter to coat so adorable and simple that no one can resist it. Its a mix of square and hexagonal silver/holo and purple glitters in a almost translucent base with a very fine holographic  finish. Applied one coat over Purple Professional nr36. Dried in around 4mins, glitters apply and spread nice and evenly and the brush is equally smooth both in the full sized and mini bottles.
Este Elixir é um lindissimo top coat glitter que de tão simples é deslumbrante. Uma combinação de hexagonos e quadrados holográfios e roxos sob uma base holografica quase translúcida. Apliquei uma camada sobre o Purple Professional nr.36. Secou em cerca de 4 minutos, a aplicação é bastante fácil e os glitters saem homogeneamente. O pincel é bastante macio, característica de ambas as versões full size e mini. 






Red Nose

This Polish was a surprise, a great and amazing surprise. I never thought I would love it so much as I did! This is a glitter top coat in shades of orange. I applied two coats over Purple Professional nr38. Dried in 4mins. Application was good and the brush is smooth.
Nunca pensei gostar tanto de um verniz cor de laranja. Foi uma agradável surpresa. O Red Nose é um glitter top coat repleto de glitters cor de laranja.  Apliquei-o em duas camadas sobre o Purple Professional nr38. Aplica-se bastante bem,o pincel é macio e seca em cerca de 4mins. 








Blue Coat

A beautiful and very distinct dark blue-jean polish with a very subtle silver shimmer. Two coats for full opacity. Around 3mins drying time, easy application and smooth brush.
Um lindíssimo verniz com um acabamento bastante distinto. Numa tonalidade azul ganga escuro com um subtil shimmer prateado, este verniz necessita de duas camadas para opacidade total. Muito fácil de aplicar, um pincel macio e um temo de secagem total de cerca de 3mins.







Spotted & Splotched

Another stunning surprise! This is a glitter top coat, filled with brown shinny small glitter and large white hexagons that look like spots! I applied two coats over Purple Professional nr 46. Spotted & Splotched glitters spread easily, the brush is smooth and the drying time is around 4mins.
Mais um lindo glitter top coat. Uma base transparente repleta de gitter castanho brilhante e  glitters hexagonais brancos de maiores dimensões que se espalham bastante bem na unha. Duas cadas do S&S sobreo Purple Professional nr 46. Tempo de secagem de cerca de 4mins.







Forever Home

This is a very particular polish, very unlike any other I've seen. Its filled with a combination of blue small glitter, red glitter hearts and  white and black hexagonal glitter in a clear base making it very pretty over any color. I applied two coats over purple professional nr 1. All glitters spread evenly but I had to fish the hearts.They are in less quantity so I guess its ok. Dried in around 5mins and as all previous Elixir Lacquers, the brush is very smooth. 
Eis um lindo glitter, bastante invulgar. Trata-se de um top coat glitter composto por glitter azuis pequenos,  glitter hexagonal em preto e em branco e complementado com corações vermelhos. Ficaria lindo sobre qualquer cor base mas apliquei-o sobre o Purple Professional cor de rosa nr.1. Os glitters aplicam-se e espalham-se com facilidade mas tive que 'pescar' os corações vermelhos. Não creio que seja um problema pois foram colocados propositadamente em menos quantidade na fórmula.  Tal como em todos os Elixir Lacquer o pincel é bastanye macio. Demorou cerca de 5mins a secar.
  






Personal Notes from Betty:
Thank you Nicole! You were the very first person hearing about this project and without a blink you believed in it and supported me! I believe this polishes were the first mailed to me, then they got lost, arrived two months later and had already a huge line ahead of them ! Sooooo I'm so happy to be publishing this, finally! Thanks Nicole!!!
Girls, stop by and check Nicoles shop but also, take your time to check some of her great manicures, at her blog! 
Once again I  show my total support for Indie Makers and my full respect for their work.
I will not translate the interviews because words and meanings get lost in translation. I hope you understand. Please pm me or comment bellow if you have any doubts. 
If you are an Indie Maker and wont to participate in the project, please contact me through Facebook or email (blog.bettynails@gmail.com). You are still in time! 
Don't Forget to come tomorrow ! 


* * *
I hope you loved today's Post!
What was your favorite part? Let me know all in the comment section bellow! 
 Please do comment, follow and share if  you liked, your feedback is very important to me and to all the girls that invested in this project!
Kisses & See you tomorrow !



*This is a post for the Guide A-Z :Indie Brands*
You can find all the info in the Guide A-Z Indie Brands Page,on the top of the Blog, or check  the Indie Guide Tag
*pictures taken from Elixir Facebook Page with Nicole's Permission*

No comments:

Post a Comment