10 Dec 2012

*D* Dandy Nails [Indie Guide Project]

Hi Girls!
I'm so happy to be back with another Indie Brand !
Today I'm presenting you Dandy Nails, from California !! !! 

Olá meninas!!
Estou super feliz por hoje vos trazer mais uma marca Indie !
Hoje Apresento-vos a Dandy Nails, directamente da Califórnia !!!!

* * *
For those who don't know what I am talking about (Follow me through Facebook to know a lot more!) I am making an Indie Guide A-Z! 
This will be a huge project and a enormous pleasure to do! So .. what am I going to do? Everyday, I'm going to show you a different brand of Indie Nail Polishes (and some of their major stockists too!! )
Para quem não sabe do que eu estou a falar ( basta seguirem-me também no Facebook para saberem as novidades em primeira mão ) estou a fazer um Guia de Vernizes Indie.
Este é um projecto enorme e muito trabalhoso que tenho imenso prazer de partilhar convosco!
Então, o que é que vou fazer? Todos os dias, vou-vos mostrar uma marca diferente de vernizes indies com entrevistas com as meninas ( e meninos) que os fazem! Além disso, tambem vos vou trazer entrevistas com as maiores lojas onde eles se vendem!
* * *


Your Name: Sandy
Brand Name: Dandy Nails
Where are you from? Born and raised in sunny Southern California

When have you started? I started making polish late last year, in 2011, opened up my etsy shop in February of 2012 I believe.

Is there about a story behind the name of your brand? Not really, a nickname of mine has always been Sandy Dandy, so when I was searching for a YouTube name, I just landed on Dandy Nails, once it came time for me to name my polish brand I just basically got lazy and transferred that name over.

How many polishes/collections have you created? I've created quite a few, I'd say close to fifty if not more. That I've released though, about 25.


 Is there a special polish/collection? Why? I find all of my collections special, every single color I've made I fall in love with, and I believe that's the way it should be. Why release a color you don't absolutely love?


Where you a polish addict before starting making polishes? Oh yes! As I mentioned before, before I started making polishes I had a nail art channel (DandyNails) where along with nail art I also did haul and review swatch videos. My collection is up over 1,000 now.


Did you have a blog before making polishes or have you started one after? Before, after my YouTube channel gained popularity I wanted a place where I could just post my non nail art nails, I ended up making a blog (http://www.dandy-nails.com/), unfortunately, along with the YouTube channel, it ended up taking a backseat once I began polish making.


Whats your favorite thing about making polishes? The creative outlet, being able to make something pretty that not only I might love, but others as well.


Is there anything you'd Like to share: I truly love what I do, I take pride in my work and it's my priority to satisfy. I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for the support I've received thus far. I'm floored and ever so thankful.


Contacts
Website: http://www.dandynailspolish.com/ (under construction)



Personal Notes from Betty:
Sandy is an amazing girl and supported me from the start! Thank you so much Sandy! :D
Once again I  show my total support for Indie Makers and my full respect for their work.
I will not translate the interviews because words and meanings get lost in translation. I hope you understand. Please pm me or comment bellow if you have any doubts. 
If you are an Indie Maker and wont to participate in the project, please contact me through Facebook or email (blog.bettynails@gmail.com). You are still in time! 
Don't Forget to come tomorrow ! 

Notas da Betty:
A Sandy é uma menina fantástica e tem-me apoiado desde o inicio do projecto!
Obrigado <3
O blog ( e eu claro! ) apoia totalmente as marcas Indies e agradece o apoio de  todas as meninas ( e meninos) que me ajudaram e estão a apoiar o meu projecto! Tenho imenso respeito por elas e pelo seu trabalho tão bonito.
Não vou traduzir as entrevistas que estão em Inglês.. acho que as palavras e os significados se perdem nas traduções. Espero que compreendam. Qualquer dúvida podem mandar-me uma msg privada ou deixar aqui em baixo nos comentários.
*Se fazes vernizes e queres participar no projecto não deixes de me contactar! Basta enviar uma msg no Facebook do blog ou pelo email (Blog.bettynails@gmail.com). Ainda vais a tempo!
Não se esqueçam de fazer like e seguir a Página do Facebook do blog porque lá vão vendo todas as novidades! 


* * *
I hope you loved today's Post!
What was your favorite part? Let me know all in the comment section bellow! 
 Please do comment, follow and share if  you liked, your feedback is very important to me and to all the girls that invested in this project!
Kisses & See you tomorrow !

Espero que tenham amado! o post de hoje!
Qual foi a vossa parte preferida?
Contem-me tudo nos comentários abaixo! Se gostaram por favor comentem, sigam e partilhem! 
O vosso feedback é muito muito importante, não só para mim como para todas as  pessoas que  se envolveram no projecto.
Beijocas e Até amanha!! 




*This is a post for the Guide A-Z :Indie Brands*
You can find all the info in the Guide A-Z Indie Brands Page,on the top of the Blog, or check  the Indie Guide Tag
*pictures taken from Dandy Nails Facebook Page with Sandy's Permission*

No comments:

Post a Comment