13 Mar 2013

*K* Kelara Lacquers [Indie Guide Project]


Hi Girls & Boys!

I'm so happy to be back with another Indie Brand !
Today I'm presenting you Kellen and Tara, from Kelara Lacquers ! 


Olá meninas & Meninos !!
Estou super feliz por hoje vos trazer mais uma marca Indie !
Hoje Apresento-vos o Kellen e a Tara, dos Kellara Lacquers !!!!



* * *
For those who don't know what I am talking about (Follow me through Facebook to know a lot more!) I am making an Indie Guide A-Z! This will be a huge project and a enormous pleasure to do! So .. what am I going to do? Everyday, I'm going to show you a different brand of Indie Nail Polishes (and some of their major stockists too!! )
* * *





Your Name: Kellen Scott & Tara Jobe

Brand Name: Kelara Lacquers



Where are you from? Chicago, IL

When have you started? We opened shop November 2, 2012. 

Is there a story behind the name of your brand? Kelara is a combination of our names, Kellen & Tara. We are soon to be married and have lots of fun creating together!

How many polishes/collections have you created? We have created 29 polishes to sell so far within five different collections, but we have lots more that we are working on.

Is there a special polish/collection? Why? Our Colors for a Cause Collection is very special to us because a portion of the sales from each of the polishes goes to charities that are near and dear to our hearts.

Where you a polish addicted before starting making polishes? I (Tara) have been a total polish addict for a long time...Kellen, not so much. :)

Did you have a blog before making polishes or have you started one after? I used to have a beauty and fashion blog called Haute-Lunch.com, which is still accessible, but I don't update it much anymore.

Whats your favorite thing about making polishes? Our favorite thing about making polishes is that we get to spend time together having fun and being creative. We both love to make things. I also make jewelry, natural bath and body products, and lots of delicious baked good, and Kellen brews beer and loves to cook!

Can you tell us a curious thing that has happened to you with some client or something funny? The first time we sat down to experiment making nail polish (long before we opened shop) we were playing around with glitter and I dropped one of the bags of micro glitter on the table. When it landed the glitter flew everywhere and got all over Kellen. I laughed at him and told him he looked like one of those vampires from "Twilight."

Is there anything you'd Like to share: Although our brand is relatively new, we have been working hard for months testing our polishes and developing lots of new colors. We both love science and research, so we are always adamant about testing our polishes. Also, all our polishes are 3-free and cruelty free because we dislike nasty chemicals and love our furry friends. :)

Contacts
Website: www.kelaralacquers.com or kelaralacquers.etsy.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/kelaralacquers
Twitter: www.twitter.com/kelaralacquers

* * * 

Venus
A  golden polish with red shimmer. Quite unusual are a very unique and pretty nude shade. 
I used tree coats, 2 for full opacity and a 3rd to get a more homogeneous look. Dried quite fast, around 5mins. The formula is not too thick or too fluid,so I had no trouble in working with it.
Um verniz dourado com shimmer vermelho! Super invulgar e unico tendo resultado numa cor nude tão bonita. Apliquei 3 camadas. 2 para opacidade total e a 3ª para homogeneizar o acabamento. Secou relativamente rápido, tendo em conta o nr de camadadas. Cerca de 5 minutos. A formula é muito facil de trabalhar, não sendo nem demasiado fluid nem demasiado espessa. 







Uranus 
A deep ocean blue/green polish with a hint of silver shimmer . Two coats for full opacity and a 4mins drying time (average). Also a great formula, easy to work and apply. 
Um tom diferente e bastante bonito. Este verniz é de um tom azul esverdeado (ou verde azuladoLOL). Tal como o venus, uma excelente fórmula, muito facil de aplicar. Tempo de secagem de cerca de 4minutos. Atenção. Usar uma boa base com este menino caso contrário o pigmento azul poderá manchar a unha. 





Dragon Scales


Stunning polish. I'm not a green kind of girl. Not at all. But...every once in a while there is a green polish that makes me a believer in the greens! LOL This one is a very light green with golden shimmer in a super elegant combination. 3 coats, 2 for opacity, a 3rd for perfect finish. Like the previous Kelara's, great formula. Around 5mins drying time. Loved it!
Um verniz fabuloso. Eu não sou uma pessoa de verdes.. de todo... mas... de vez em quando e de quando em vez aparece um menino verde que me conquista o coração e me faz acreditar que verde é bom ! LOL 
O Dragon Scales é composto por uma base verde clara repleta de shimmer dourado. Tres camadas para este acabamento 2 para opacidade e uma 3ª para um acabamento perfeito. Mais uma vez, tal como nos anteriores , excelente fórmula. 5minutos para secar. Adorei-o.






Doggone


I love this kind of black and white polishes. This is a silver shimmer base with black and white glitter in bars and small hexagons. I applied one coat of doggone over Purple Professional nr 17. 
Adoro este tipo de glitters top coat em tons de preto e branco.O Doggone é um verniz glitter numa base shimmer cinzenta e repleto de glitters brancos e pretos em barra e em pequenos hexagonos. Apliquei uma camada do Doggone sobre duas camadas do Purple Professional nr 18.





Butterfly Kisses


This is an adorable polish! A Glitter polish in lavender shades. Has a shimmery purple blase filled with small glitter in shades of teal, blue, green and purple and some gorgeous butterflies. Two coats of Butterfly kisses over two coats of  Kiko 338. 
Eis umadoravel veriz glittter. O butterfly kisses é um verniz glitter com uma base shimmer em tons de lavanda/violeta e é composto for inumeros glitters hexagonais redondos em tons de verde,azul, turquesa e violeta sendo complementado por adoraveis borboletas de glitter.
Apliquei duas camadas do Butterfly Kisses sobre o duas camadas do Kiko 338.






Teacher's Little Helper


I have to admit that this was my favorite glitter of the ones I reviewed and I even wore it after the swatching series. This is a glitter top coat composed of red hexagonal glitter and very small black round glitters in a clear base. It looks stunning over white! its my favorite combination. I applied two coats of Teacher's Little Helper over 2 coats of White nr32 from Purple Professional.
Tenho que admitir que este menino foi o meu preferido de todos os vernizes que testei. Já o usei após a sessão de swatches. O Teacher's Little Helper é um glitter top coat bastante simples que funciona lindamente sobre branco ( aminha combinação predileta). É composto por pequenos glitters hexagonais vermelhos e (ainda mais) pequenos glitter redondos brancos sob uma base transparentes.
Apliquei duas camadas do Teacher's Little Helper sobre o branco nr 32 da Purple Professional.








Contacts
Website: www.kelaralacquers.com or kelaralacquers.etsy.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/kelaralacquers
Twitter: www.twitter.com/kelaralacquers


Personal Notes from Betty:
Thank you so much guys! You've been great to me, super supportive to this project and always very excited about this. A special thanks to Tara who's been putting up to me and my mails for a while! LOL I wish you both the best of luck in all your projects together ! <3 
Once again I  show my total support for Indie Makers and my full respect for their work.
I will not translate the interviews because words and meanings get lost in translation. I hope you understand. Please pm me or comment bellow if you have any doubts. 
If you are an Indie Maker and wont to participate in the project, please contact me through Facebook or email (blog.bettynails@gmail.com). You are still in time! 
Don't Forget to come tomorrow ! 



* * *
I hope you loved today's Post!
What was your favorite part? Let me know all in the comment section bellow! 
 Please do comment, follow and share if  you liked, your feedback is very important to me and to all the girls that invested in this project!
Kisses & See you tomorrow !


*This is a post for the Guide A-Z :Indie Brands*
You can find all the info in the Guide A-Z Indie Brands Page,on the top of the Blog, or check  the Indie Guide Tag
*pictures taken from Kelara Lacquer's Facebook Page with Tara's Permission*

Comentários
1 Comentários

1 comment:

  1. My brother recommended I might like this web site.
    He was entirely right. This post truly made my day. You cann't imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

    Here is my web page; michael kors hudson downtown shoulder tote
    My web site > michael kors womens watches

    ReplyDelete